Course Learning Outcome #7

“practice using various library resources, online databases, and the Internet to locate sources appropriate to your writing projects”

We did many online research while we were doing our projects. We also went to library for tanning how to find a good, appropriate, and reliable resource in internet.

Online research also impacted my writing. In my reflection paper of the lab report project, I said “The lab report for our group is focusing on the conductivity of different materials. It is an interesting topic. Before we pick up this topic, we were considering writing reports which is about social media, but there’s no point to make measurements on social media for a report. Conductivity, however, is a property of a material, and it’s a measurable quantity; write a report about conductivity is making sense that follows the purpose of this course – writing for engineering. Research is required for writing this lab report. By doing online research, I found that the format of a lab report is important.”